Some of these may surprise you. ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
Image

 

I'll admit that I'm not the best at keeping my sleep space the most sleep-friendly. I check Instagram before I go to bed and I pound the snooze button regularly. (Health editors: They're just like you!) I know those things are bad for me. But this week we discovered some other surprising bedroom items and habits that can destroy ZZZs.


Reporter Nicole Pajer talked to sleep experts about what they'd never keep in their bedroom. Their answers may inspire you to revamp your sleep space.

 

CHECK OUT WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY

 

 ❤️,

Lindsay

 

Image

 

You oughta know

 

Image

If you've turned on a TV anytime in the last three years, this report may not come as a huge shock to you. Recent data found that the majority of U.S. adults say the upcoming 2020 election is already a significant source of stress for them.


Not only that, there are some other heavy topics that are weighing on people. Curious what they are? We broke it down for you and how you can realistically manage the stress if you're affected, too.


WHAT'S REALLY STRESSING US OUT

 

Image

 

A minute and change

 

Got a spare minute? Use it to change your life. Our 'A Minute And Change' series will help you become happier, healthier and more productive by doing one thing a little differently. This week's tip comes from activist and actress Laverne Cox on the one small happiness habit she practices each day. She told The Cut:


As soon as I wake up, I try to write down five things I’m grateful for. Then I’ll do some transcendental meditation, at least 20 minutes. If I jump into the day without meditating or doing the gratitude list, then I have to do a catch-up at some point, to center myself in my body. But it’s very imperfect, my self-care. I do my best, but it’s messy and hard to keep up with, especially when I have early flights and call times, which is often the case.

 

Image

 

Crushing on this 'Gram

 

Image

 

Image

 

Before you go...

 

Read this great story on how to tell your family that going home for the holidays isn't good for your mental health. This time of year may be associated with all things merry, but it's hard to feel that way if seeing relatives causes you extreme stress. This piece, written by reporter Kyli Rodriguez-Cayro, will help you navigate that.

 

Image

 

Want more wellness?

Image

 

 

 

👋 You may have noticed our website is now www.huffpost.com. Don't worry, it'll still be the same HuffPost you know and love, just with a new URL. Make sure to update your bookmarks!

 

 

Image
Image

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media Group. -

On May 25, 2018 we introduced a new Privacy policy which 

will explain how your data is used and shared. - Learn more.


Does somebody keep forwarding you this newsletter? Subscribe here!


©2019 HuffPost | 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003

You are receiving this email because you signed up for updates from HuffPost


Feedback | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
HUFFINGTONPOST FANS © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Sunil . Designed By Adsptp
Top